Electrical Design Technologist (Building Systems)
We are currently seeking a qualified Electrical Design Technologist to enhance our electrical engineering team. Your assets include strong AutoCAD skills, team and organizational experience, excellent communication skills, and technical strengths in building system upgrades for electrical systems. Experience in energy management is an asset.
- perform electrical load calculations, transformer sizing, cable/conduit sizing, etc.
- complete electrical designs, including power distribution, lighting (indoor and outdoor), controls, fire alarm, and voice/data communications systems using AutoCAD
- prepare electrical single line drawings, panel schedules, details, etc.
- prepare electrical drawings and specifications for lighting, power distribution, data/voice cabling, and fire alarm systems
- coordinate with other design disciplines
- prepare tender documentation
- review shop drawings
- verify construction is proceeding in accordance with design specifications
- conduct field reviews during construction and prepare field review reports
- verify “as-built documents and create drawings from field reviews
- interface with the client, building owner, architect, contractors, consultants, utilities, and building authorities
- certified AScT with ASTT
- diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent
- minimum of 5 years experience in electrical design field
- background in commercial building construction and renovation
- experience in consulting engineering in the commercial, institutional, or light industrial building sectors
- good working knowledge and experience with AutoCAD
- experience in site investigation and construction reviews
- knowledge of the BC and Vancouver Building Codes, Canadian Electrical Code, and other applicable codes
- computer literacy including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Access
- practical building system design experience with electrical systems
- proficient verbal and written communication skills
- ability to work with clients, building operators, building users, consulting engineers, project managers, contractors, and product suppliers in a professional manner
Qualified candidates should forward their resume clearly identifying the position being applied for, along with a covering letter to email@example.com.